West Hill believes in the value of collaboration to enhance provision and outcomes for all learners, wherever they go to school. To that end we belong to a number of strategic groups, providing a range of opportunities that it would be difficult or impossible for us to offer as individual schools.
West Hill Teaching School
West Hill is a designated National Teaching School. We work with a range of partners and providers. As well as offering training and support for alliance members, Teaching Schools identify and co-ordinate expertise from within their alliance, using the best leaders and teachers to:
- play a greater role in training new entrants to the profession
- lead peer-to-peer professional and leadership development
- identify and develop leadership potential
- provide support for other schools
- designate and broker Specialist Leaders of Education (SLEs)
- engage in research and development
West Hill is one of seven LD special schools that have chosen to work together to raise achievement. In addition to supporting the work of the Teaching School, the group is committed to improving outcomes for children and young people through close staff collaboration.